Saturday, February 8, 2014

How to Keep Boots From Sliding Down

The term "uncomfortable" perhaps isn't descriptive enough to describe the awkward feeling of a pair of boots sliding down and pooling around the ankles. This experience can happen with many types of boots -- though generally not with boots made from very stiff material or which reach the knee. You can prevent boots from sliding down with some know-how.

Instructions

    1

    Protect boots made of leather in advance so they do not stretch. Heating and drying leather boots in warm causes heat damage which can result in stretching, increasing the propensity for boots to slide down. Dry leather boots in a mild climate away from heat.

    2

    Use a boot tree. Keep boots designed in a particularly slim, curved or wide style in a boot tree when they are not being worn. The boot tree will preserve the shape of the boot.

    3

    Wear non-stick high socks with boots that extend further up the legs than the boot. You can also wear non-stick nylons under boots to prevent them from sliding down.

    4

    Wrap your calves or legs with body tape or double-sided masking tape to secure the boots to your skin as a short term solution to securing boots.



  • How can you keep your boots from sliding down your legs?

    www.chacha.com Categories Lifestyle

    Jan 06, 2013 How can you keep your boots from sliding down your legs? ChaCha Answer: Get some shoe string that matches the color of your boots and...


  • How to I keep by knee-high boots from slipping down as ...

    www.fluther.com/33445/how-to-i-keep-by-knee-high-boots-from...

    The boots fit just fine when I bought them, but now the calf area seems to have stretched out and now my boots slide down. I have tried wearing 2 pairs of sock


  • How do you keep tall boots from sliding down? on AOL Answers.

    aolanswers.com/questions/tall_boots_sliding_clothes_shoes...

    Current styles include zip-on boots, with a zipper running down the back of the calf of a tall boot or the front of a paddock boot, making them easier to manage.


  • How to Keep Boots From Sliding Down eHow

    www.ehow.com Women's Fashion Womens Shoes

    The term "uncomfortable" perhaps isn't descriptive enough to describe the awkward feeling of a pair of boots sliding down and pooling around the ankles. This ...


  • How do you keep softsided boots from sliding down? Answerbag

    www.answerbag.com Fashion Footwear Boots And Shoes

    How do you keep softsided boots from sliding down? Be the first person to answer this question and share your knowledge of Boots and Shoes


  • How do I keep my boots from sliding down? ChaCha

    www.chacha.com Categories SciTech

    Nov 13, 2010 How do I keep my boots from sliding down? ChaCha Answer: Ask your local cobbler for a tailor that can resize your boot to fit your ca...


  • How Do You Keep Socks from Sliding Down into the Shoe? eHow

    www.ehow.com Clothing Care General Clothes Care

    How to Keep Boots From Sliding Down. One way to keep boots from falling is to wear knee high socks under them. Related Ads. View Photos Sun's Out, Hair Up!


  • How can I keep my suede boots from sliding down my legs?

    www.answerbag.com Fashion Footwear Footwear (General)

    How can I keep my suede boots from sliding down my legs? Get some shoe string that matches the color of your boots and tie them Native American style around your leg.


  • Is there a way to keep my boots up when wearing

    Full questionBest answerOther answersanswers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101113152643AAW6v2iResolved Last updated: Nov 13, 2010 4 posts 3 total answers

    Nov 13, 2010 I have a pair of suede knee high boots that keep sliding down and becoming slouchy. What can I do to keep them


  • How can you keep your socks from slipping down into your shoes

    wiki.answers.com Categories Shopping Fashion Clothing

    shoes are too big. wear two or three socks. that will solve the problem.


  • How to Prevent Overhanging Toes in Open-Toed Shoes Alphamom

    alphamom.com/.../how-to-prevent-overhanging-toes-in-open-toed-shoes

    When I wear open-toed shoes my feet tend to sort of slide forward in the shoe? ... Instead we keep buying that same shoe size weve been buying since the 10th grade.


  • How to Keep Socks From Slipping Down Into Shoes typeF.com

    www.typef.com Fashion Purses & Accessories Socks

    How to Keep Socks From Slipping Down Into Shoes. Jul 21, 2011 / By Ava Perez. post comment. Tweet. Pin It. Photo: Jupiterimages/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images.


  • How Do You Keep Socks from Sliding Down into the Shoe www ...

    www.qacollections.com/How-Do-You-Keep-Socks-from-Sliding-Down-into...

    How Do You Keep Socks from Sliding Down into the Shoe? When you're trying to keep warm or simply protect your feet from harm, it's important to have some good


  • How to Keep Feet From Sliding in Your Shoes typeF.com

    www.typef.com Fashion Shoes & Boots Shoes

    How to Keep Feet From Sliding in Your Shoes. Jul 6, 2011 / By Whitni Jae. post comment. Tweet. Pin It. ... How to Keep Shoes From Leaving Black Marks on My Feet.


  • Tina's Tips and Solutions for Proper Shoe Fit Foot Petals

    www.footpetals.com/event/page/pageCode/tinastips

    Place Strappy Strips inside the strap to help grip and prevent straps from sliding down. ... PORON also helps to keep feet dry. Note: To prevent getting "boot snag ...


  • How do you keep tall boots from sliding down? Answer 2 of 3

    aolanswers.com/questions/tall_boots_sliding_clothes_shoes...

    Discuss There are horrible little people here. Watch out!'s answer to: How do you keep tall boots from sliding down? How do you keep tall boots from sliding down?


  • Quick Tip: Keep you feet from sliding out of your shoes - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFysk82naPY60,516 views Added Apr 07, 2011

    Don't you hate when your walking around in heels and your feet slide out of them? You can't buy a smaller size because then the shoe is too small, but your ...

  • How can I keep the back of my shoe from sliding? Break All Day

    www.baday.net/.../how-can-i-keep-the-back-of-my-shoe-from-sliding.html

    I just got a pair of shoes for my hostessing job, and they fit well except for the fact that the back slides up and down my ankle and I nearly walk out of them.

  • How Can I Stop My Heels from Sliding Forward in My Shoes?

    shoes.about.com/od/shoefaqs/f/heels_slipping.htm

    Question: How Keep my Feet from Sliding Forward in My Shoes? Answer: Heels slipping in shoes is very common, but there are a few products out there that might help.

  • My Feet Keep Sliding Down My Shoes And Heels Keep Falling Out

    dailyfashionandstyle.com/s/my_feet_keep_sliding_down_my_shoes_and...

    My Feet Keep Sliding Down My Shoes And Heels Keep Falling Out articles. Christian Dior Spring 2011 Shoe Collection. Let yourself be overwhelmed by this marvelous ...

  • How To Keep Socks From Falling Down Made Manual -

    www.mademan.com/mm/how-keep-socks-falling-down.html

    One of the most practical things to know is how to keep socks from falling down. ... and less likely to slide down ... into your boots to pull up your socks ...

  • How To Keep My Shoes From Sliding While I'm Walking

    www.livestrong.com Other Sports & Recreation Walking Shoes

    Apr 29, 2011 How to Keep My Shoes From Sliding While I ... You can also take the rubber off of an old pair of tennis shoes. Cut the rubber down to size and apply it ...

  • How do i keep a tall boot from sliding down and

    Full questionBest answerOther answersanswers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=...Resolved Last updated: Dec 11, 2007 5 posts 4 total answers

    Dec 11, 2007 Best Answer: Dont wear the boot then ... Try wearing leg warmers with the boots, they help to keep the boot up around

0 comments:

Post a Comment